Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tribute To Matthew Butler @ Zion Gate Records

I did not know how to really start off saying this, but I was experiencing some anger, when I viewed the comments of a suspect giving an interview. About how the event of the crime, that had taken place, which had left two people dead in the street. I still tear up as I write this! I don't understand people, that go around hurting others, and don't even have a reason for doing what they do! After all the dust has settled, and when they are in their jail cells alone, then maybe God could work on the mind set of individuals that commit violence on others. The two that were killed, were two fine christian gentlemen. I had to ask God for strength, that surpasses all of my understanding in this matter.

I personally knew Matthew Butler, which was one of the victims killed. And my husband and son had just meet Steve Swan approximately 2 weeks before this incident. We attended the services of both the decease, and it was moving! The minister that delivered the message, was so elegant and graceful in his delivery. Matt was a good person, family man, and loving husband. We would be in the recording studio along with Matt, while my son and Matt worked on his recording project, and Matt would have great positive words to say to my son. Matt would alway say to my son, you need to network. And one of Matt's comments to him was "You Rock Man"! I will never forget his face and spirit, and Matt will be missed.....

Please keep his wife, children and Matt's mother in your prayers.

3 comments:

Annette said...

Thank you for your sweet words about Matthew.My nephew indeed was a beautiful soul,he will be greatly missed by us all.

Anonymous said...

Evelyn, thank you so much! I think I actually met you and your son in the studio one night, right? Matthew believed in your son. Matthew had such a kind and loving heart. He just loved everyone. Two months before he was murdered he had a homeless black man living in his home with him, his wife and two babies. We gave him a hard time about it but he always said that God would protect him and his family, especially if he was showing the love of Christ to someone. That night when they left the studio, Matthew saw the two young guys walking down the street and he spoke to them first. Most likely he said, "Hey, howya doing? Are you guys musicians?" Then, as we know, he shared his faith with them; told them Jesus loves them. Man, I can barely see to type. I miss him so very much. He was most definetely a LIGHT in this world. Our lives will never be the same. Thank you for remembering him. Please go to this website and write your memories of Matthew for the children to read one day when they are old enough to understand what happened to their special daddy. Just copy and paste into your browser: http://www.legacy.com/DallasMorningNews/GB/GuestbookView.aspx?PersonId=111957985
Thank you and may God richly bless you and yours. Theresa Butler www.myspace.com/tlbutler57

Anonymous said...

I am Matthew Butler's mom. I just want to say that we serve an AMAZING GOD. Matthew would always tell Jamie, "If something ever happens to me, I want you to marry right away. I never want my children to be without a good Christian father." Of course, he told her to marry Steve, his best friend. Steve was murdered along with Matthew on June 19, 2008. But, Jamie has married a fine Christian young man by the name of Daniel. It's truly a blessing from God. I didn't see it this way at first, but looking at it through the eyes of my son who is with the Lord now...I see that it could only be by the hand of God. The kids love Daniel...they call him daddy Daniel. They still talk about and remember their daddy Matthew and we tell them that daddy Matthew is in Heaven with Jesus and we'll see him again one day. It's sad, but thank God that He cares so much for us to fill our every need!!! The trial is coming up in July. Please pray for us that we will have peace throughout this ordeal. God Bless You!!!